There all kinds of vein centers that seem to be “popping” up all over, so how do you know which is the best? It is ok to ask the office questions about their expertise. You want to make sure you are using someone that has been just treating venous disease exclusively. Here are a few more questions you should ask.
- Who performs the vein procedures? A physician should be performing the vein procedures now the sclerotherapy is normally performed by the PA or NP but other procedures should be performed my the physician.
- How long has you staff worked with you are they certified and licensed professionals? Having licensed and certified staff means the office is providing top care professionals that have had extensive training in the medical field.
- Is your ultrasound lab accredited? Having ICAVL accreditation for a vascular lab is a big deal. It means the lab has followed guidelines and protocols to better serve its patients.
- How are the patient reviews? Listen to what others are saying
- What is the physician’s back ground in vascular? If the physician had not had years of experience in the vascular world then they may not have expertise in knowing when treatment is needed or not
Finally you have to be comfortable with the practice and its staff. Vein treatment is a process and an investment so you want to make sure that you are happy and comfortable with the decision that you make.